Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Decisions.

This past weekend I was able to visit St. Louis, a city I have grown to very much enjoy over the past few months. It was a nice opportunity to break away from Indiana and not worry about graduation, jobs, moving home and being broke :/. Unfortunately one thing that going to STL involves is driving, and quite a lot. It was a 4 and 1/2 hour trip both ways ... there wasn't so bad ... but the drive home was a bit brutal. The upside though was it gave me more than enough time to really think about what I wanted to do after graduation. And it finally allowed me to finalize some plans.

I will find out next week if I got the job at ExactTarget. The job is an excellent opportunity, really too good to pass up. So even though it may not be exactly what I envisioned myself doing I will accept if an offer is extended. If though, I do not receive an offer than I have formulated a plan B. I am going to move home -- work my butt off making money serving at a restaurant for 6 months and then I am going to move to Baltimore. Why Baltimore? Well, I am originally from there and ever since I left I have always had the desire to move back. I have an odd connection with the East Coast, and I realized that I am okay moving away from Indy for another few years. My second family and some close friends live in Baltimore so I would not be alone and the transition would be very easy. Also, flights are considerably cheap and it only takes about an hour by plane from Indy to BWI. There are also a lot of theaters, museums and artistic galleries where I could get a job, and I feel that it would be a job that I would enjoy and fit into better than "corporate America." Finally Baltimore is only 4 hours away from NYC, which means that I could continue pursuing my acting career and travel to the city to audition during the weekends.

It makes the most sense and I am very satisfied with my plan! Finally I am beginning to see that everything can work out, even if it takes meeting a few speed bumps along the way =)!

No comments:

Post a Comment