Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Let the countdown begin ...

First I must set one thing straight.

I am doing my victory loop, not my victory lap.
(There is a reason to this syntactical difference -- a victory lap implies I will be a 5th year from August to May when in fact, I will only be a 5th year from August to December. So instead of saying I am completing my victory lap, I choose to say I am completing my victory loop. And to justify it further I am still graduating in 2009 (my original year) so it's still legit.)


Either way the official countdown to becoming a "grown-up" has officially begun and it is to this countdown that I have decided to dedicate my blog. The next 4 months will bring many challenges and opportunities that will hopefully lead to a job. I have learned an infinite amount of knowledge about the job search just in the past month (negative and positive) that I feel is beneficial to share with others. Some of this comes from personal experience, some of it comes from the content I have been learning in my classes. Either way I still think it's helpful. Most of the time I will be sharing small tips (resume hints, interviewing stories, emerging technological tools that can lead to networking opportunities and applicable academic content) about my hunt for that "amazing" job ... other times I will be sharing personal accounts of my own shenanigans that occur during my last few months of "freedom" =)



So as they say: sit back, relax and enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment